Self Love = Self Care
9 Benefits of Rose Oil + Rosewater | Why you wake up & smell the roses
Ever wonder why people use the expression "Wake up and smell the roses"? Yes, it is considered a simple expression that could mean; wake up, pay attention and start enjoying your life, but did you know that roses actually have the power to enhance your mood and improve your overall wellbeing? Rose oil is a highly prized oil, and both rose oil and rosewater are much loved for their rich, floral aroma as well as their uplifting therapeutic and natural beauty benefits. Here are nine benefits of rose oil and rosewater that you can start enjoying today!
1. Rosewater helps balances the skin's pH and moisture levels
2. Rose oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce skin and scalp irritation, prevent acne and reduce the appearance of blemishes and skin imperfections
3. Rose oil and rose water helps to even, tone and hydrate the skin giving it a refreshed even completion.
4. The antiseptic and antibacterial properties or rose aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
5. Due to the astringent like properties rose helps remove excess oils and clean the pores.
6. Rose oil can relive the pain of swelling, cramps or sprains when used in a cold or hot compress.
7. The floral, sweet and sensual aroma of rose is a powerful mood enhancer. The aromatherapy properties helps fight depression, anxiety an enhances your libido. It helps to calm and relax and balance your emotions.